Asli M. ColpanActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Kyoto Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kyoto, Japan (PhD)
- Graduate: Corporate Strategy and Global Business (A), Corporate Strategy and Global Business (B), Firms and Industrial Organization in Japan
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Academy of International Business
- Asia Academy of Management
- European Business History Association
Main field of Research and Instruction
Corporate strategy, international business
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Business groups, evolution of big business, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility
- Business Groups in the West: The Evolutionary Dynamics of Big Business, eds. Asli M. Colpan and Takashi Hikino, Oxford U.P. (forthcoming)
- Oxford Handbook of Business Groups, eds. Asli M. Colpan, Takashi Hikino and James R. Lincoln, Oxford U.P., 2010 (Hardcover edition), 2012 (Paperback edition). (Reviewed in Administrative Science Quarterly, December 18, 2013)
- ‘Business Groups, Entrepreneurship and the Growth of the Koç Group in Turkey’, Colpan, Asli M.and Geoffrey Jones. Business History (SSCI), 2015.
- ‘Business groups and corporate governance: Review Synthesis and Extension, Colli, Andrea and Colpan Asli. M. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2015 (SSCI), 2015.
- ‘Leveraging Competing Institutional Logics in the Adoption of Stock Option Pay’, Toru Yoshikawa, Xuesong Geng and Asli M. Colpan, Strategic Management Journal (SSCI), 2015.
- ‘How does export commitment and product diversity affect the international scope-firm performance relationship: Evidence from Japan’, Asli M. Colpan, Andrew Delios and Takashi Hikino, Asian Business & Management, 2013, 12(1), 142-172 (SSCI).
- ‘Internationalization of East Asian firms’, Asli M. Colpan and Takashi Hikino, Asian Business & Management, 2013, 12 (1), 1-13 (SSCI).
- ‘Performance sensitivity of executive pay: The role of foreign investors and affiliated directors in Japan’, Asli M. Colpan and Toru Yoshikawa, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2012, 20 (6): 547-561, (SSCI).
- ‘Shareholder Heterogeneity and Conflicting Goals: Strategic Investments in the Japanese Electronics Industry’, Asli M. Colpan, Toru Yoshikawa, Takashi Hikino and Esther del Brio, Journal of Management Studies, 2011, 48 (3), 591-618. (SSCI)
- ‘Are strategy-performance relationships contingent on macroeconomic environments? Evidence from Japan’s textile industry’, Asli M. Colpan, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 2008, Volume25, No.4: 635-665. (SSCI)
- ‘Japanese corporate governance: Structural change and financial performance’, Asian Business and Management, Asli M. Colpan, Toru Yoshikawa, Takashi Hikino and Hiroaki Miyoshi, 2007, Issue No: 6.S1: 203-227. (SSCI)
- ‘The effects of product diversity, international scope and keiretsu membership on the performance of Japan’s textile firms in the 1990s’, Asli M. Colpan, Asian Business & Management, 2006, Issue No: 5.3: 419-445. (SSCI)
- ‘Changing economic environments, evolving diversification strategies, and differing financial performance: Japan’s largest textile firms, 1970-2001’, Asli M. Colpan and Takashi Hikino, Industrial and Corporate Change, 2005, Vol.14, Issue.6: 897-940. (SSCI).