Hideki FujiiActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Date and Place of Birth
- March 1, 1956,Fukuoka Pref.
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. in Economics (Kyoto University)
- Undergraduate: International Economics, International finance, Economic English
Graduate: Accounting Theory
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Japan Accounting Association
- American Accounting Association
- Association Francaise de Comptabilité
- Japan Association of Bookkeeping
- Japan Urban Management and Local Government Research Association
- Japan Society of Public Utility Economics (Director 1992-now)
- Japan Society for Social Science of Accounting (Director 1996-2001)
- Japan Association for Not-for-Profit Organizations Research (Director 1997-now)
Main field of Research and Instruction
Financial Accounting and Reporting, International Accounting
Economic and Social Functions of Accounting, International Harmonization of Accounting
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
- Current Characteristics in Standards Setting and the Role of Accounting Research, Accounting (Kaikei), Vol.161, No.2, February 2002, pp.50-61.
- Newly Implanted Accounting Standards and Business Behavior: Change and Continuity, Accounting (Kaikei), Vol.161, No.5, May 2002, pp.1-14.
- Raison-d’Etre and Managerial Environment of Non-Profit Organizations: User-Oriented Accounting Perspective, Journal of Association for Research on Non-Profit Organizations for the Benefit of the Public, Japan Association for Not-for-Profit Organizations Research, No.4, 2002, pp.23-35.
- Current Characteristics in Standards Harmonization and Japanese Strategy Towards Its Evolutionary Process, Accounting (Kaikei), Vol.163, No.2, February 2003, pp.17-35.
- Modern Theory of Business Accounting: The Shift of Accounting Paradigm and Possibility of Historical Cost Accounting, Moriyama Book Store, 1997, 331p.