Munechika KatayamaActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Date and Place of Birth
- February 21, 1977, Tokyo
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. in Economics (University of California, San Diego)
- Undergraduate: Macroeconomics 1, English for Economics
Graduate: Applied Macroeconomics 1, Intermediate Macroeconomics
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
- Japan Economic Association
Main field of Research and Instruction
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
- “Intertemporal Substitution and Sectoral Comovement in a Sticky Price Model,” (with Kwang Hwan Kim), 2013, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 34(9), 1715-1735.
- “Declining Effects of Oil Price Shocks,” 2013, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45(6), 977-1016.
- “The Delayed Effects of Monetary Shocks in a Two-sector New Keynesian Model,” (with Kwang Hwan Kim), forthcoming, Journal of Macroeconomics.