- Undergraduate: Organizational Economics
Graduate: Comparative Institutional Analysis, organizational analysis
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Japanese Economic Association
- Japan Association for Evolutionary Economics
Main field of Research and Instruction
Economics of Organization, Comparative Analysis of Institution and Organization
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Hiving-off Behavior of Firms, Subcontracting and Dealership Relations in the Auto Industr
- “Risk Absorption in Japanese Subcontracting: A Microeconomic Study of the Automobile Industry”, Journal of Japanese and International Economies 6, no.1 March, 1992.
- “Tax Reform and Capital Income Taxation in Japan”, in D. Jorgenson and R. Landau (eds.), Tax Reform and the Cost of Capital: An International Comparison, The Brookings Institution, 1993.
- “Business Portfolio Restructuring of Japanese Firms in the 1990s : Entry and Exit Analysis”, Aoki et al. ed., Corporate Governance in Japan, Oxford University Press, 2006.