Hisaki KonoActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- University of Tokyo (Ph.D. in Economics)
- Undergraduate: Development Economics
Graduate: Development Economics I & II
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
- Japan Economic Association
Main field of Research and Instruction
Development Economics, Poverty Reduction, Microfinance Education, Market transactions
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Lending maturity of microcredit and dependence on moneylenders, Using DVD Lectures to Improve Academic Performance of Rural High Schoolers, Rice Traders in Madagascar, Adverse Selection Across Time: Health Insurance Program in India
- “Microfinance Revolution: Its Effects, Innovations, and Challenges” (with K. Takahashi) Developing Economies, March 2010, 48(1), 15 – 73.
- “Why Is the Take-up of Microinsurance So Low? Evidence from a Health Insurance Scheme in India” (with S. Ito) Developing Economies, March 2010, 48(1), 74-101.
- “Foreign Aid and Recurrent Cost: Donor Competition, Aid Proliferation and Budget Support” (with Y. Arimoto) Review of Development Economics, vol.13(2), pages 276-287.
- “Heterogeneous Contests and Less Informative Signals” (with N. Yagi) Japanese Economic Review, March 2008, 59(1), 113-126.
- “Employment with connection: Negative Network Effects” Journal of Development Economics, October 2006, 81(1), pp.244-258.