- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. (University of Washington)
- Undergraduate: Human Resource Management
Graduate:Human Resource Management (Graduate School of Management)
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Euro-Asia Management Studies Association
- Association of Japanese Business Studies
- Asia Academy of Management
- Japanese Association of Administrative Science
- Japanese Association of Industrial / Organizational Psychology
- The Behaviormetric Society of Japan
Main field of Research and Instruction
International human resource management, cross-cultural organizational behavior, managerial decision making, individual behaviors in organizations
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Human resource management of Japanese multinational companies, diversity and inclusion, language and communication, global talent management
- International human resource management of Japanese multinational corporations: Challenges and future directions. Asian Business & Management, 15, 83-109, 2016 (with F. J. Froese, & C. Iguchi).
- Human resource management practices at foreign-affiliated companies in least-developed regions: US and Japanese companies in Nepal. Asian Business & Management, 15, 137-164, 2016 (with M. P. Maharjan).
- Human resource management of Japanese companies in Hungary: How do Japanese and the Hungarian styles blend? Journal of East-West Business, 22, 145-167, 2016 (with T. V. Grill & M. P. Maharjan).
- Bridge individuals in multinational organizations. Australasian Journal of Organisational Psychology, 9, 1-4, 2016.
- Employee commitment to corporate globalization: The role of English language proficiency and human resource practices. Journal of World Business, 50, 168-179, 2015 (with S. Yamao).
- The use of person-organization fit and person-job fit information in making selection decisions. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 116, 203-216, 2011 (with V. L. Huber).
- The role of job embeddedness on employee performance: The interactive effects with leader-member exchange and organization-based self-esteem. Personnel Psychology, 61, 761-792, 2008 (with J. P. Burton & C. J. Sablynski).