Akira TakeishiActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. in Management, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Undergraduate: Introduction to Management, Strategic Management
Graduate: Research Method for Management Studies, Readings on Firm and Strategy
Membership of Professional Organizations
- The Academic Association for Organizational Science
- Japan Association for Evolutionary Economics
Main field of Research and Instruction
Strategic Management, Management of Technology, Inter-firm Division of Labor for Competition and Innovation, Social Process of Innovation
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Inter-firm Division of Labor for Competition and Innovation, Social Process of Innovation
- Takeishi, Akira, Yaichi Aosihma and Masaru Karube, Reasons for Innovation: Creating Legitimacy for Resource Mobilization, Yuhikaku, 2012 (in Japanese)
- Itami, Hiroyuki, Ken Kusunoki, Tsuyoshi Numagami and Akira Takeishi (eds.), Dynamics of Knowledge, Corporate Systems and Innovation, Springer, 2010
- Nagaoka, Sadao, Akira Takeishi and Yoshihisa Noro, “Determinants of Firm Boundaries: Empirical Analysis of the Japanese Auto Industry from 1984 to 2002.” Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 22, 2008, pp.187-206.*
- Takeishi, Akira and Kyoung Joo Lee, “Mobile Innovation and the Music Business in Japan: The Case of Ringing Tone Melody (“Chaku-Mero”).” In Stuart Barnes and Eusebio Scornavacca (eds.) Unwired Business: Cases in Mobile Business, Hershey:Idea Group Publishing, 2006, pp.1-13.
- Takeishi, Akira and Yaichi Aoshima, “Case Study Shimano: Market Creation Through Component Integration.” In Herstatt, Cornelius, Christoph Stockstrom, Hugo Tschirky, and Akio Nagahira (eds.) Management of Technology and Innovation in Japan, Berlin:Springer, 2006, pp.29-48.
- Jarvenpaa, Sirkka, Akira Takeishi, and Bertil Thorngren, “(Editorial) The Future is UNWIRED: Organizational and Strategic Perspectives.” Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.14, No.3, 2005, pp.243-244.
- Takeishi, Akira and Kyoung Joo Lee, “Mobile Music Business in Japan and Korea: Copyright Management Institutions as a Reverse Salient.” Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.14, No.3, 2005, pp.291-306.
- The Division of Labor and Competition, Yuhikaku, 2003 (in Japanese)
- “Knowledge Partitioning in the Inter-Firm Division of Labor: The Case of Automotive Product Development.” Organization Science, Vol.13, No.3, 2002, pp.321-338
- “Bridging Inter- and Intra-Firm Boundaries: Management of Supplier Involvement in Automobile Product Development.” Strategic Management Journal, Vol.22. No.5, 2001, pp.403-433.
- Fujimoto, Takahiro, Akira Takeishi and Yaichi Aosihma(eds.), Business Architecture, Yuhikaku, 2001 (in Japanese)
- Cusumano, Michael A. and Akira Takeishi, “Supplier Relations and Management: A Survey of Japanese, Japanese Transplants, and U.S. Auto Plants.” Strategic Management Journal, Vol.12, No.8, November 1991, pp.563-588.