Activity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. in Economics, The Ohio State University
- Undergraduate: Introduction to macroeconomics, Dynamic macroeconomic analysis
Graduate: Macroeconomic policy analysis, Money, prices, and the macroeconomy
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
- Japanese Economic Association
- Japan Society of Monetary Economics
Main field of Research and Instruction
Monetary economics, Macroeconomics, Applied time series analysis
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Prices and monetary policy, Real exchange rates, Financial crises
- “Prudential Capital Controls or Bailouts? : The Impact of Different Collateral Constraint Assumptions” (with M. Katagiri and R. Kato) Economic Theory, 2016, forthcoming.
- “Noisy Information, Distance and Law of One Price Dynamics across US Cities,” (with M. J. Crucini and M. Shintani) Journal of Monetary Economics, 74, 2015, pp. 52-66.
- “Do Sticky Prices Increase the Real Exchange Rate Volatility at Sector Level? ” (with M. J. Crucini and M. Shintani) European Economic Review, 62, 2013, pp.58-72.