Junko WatanabeActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D in Economics (Kyoto University)
- Undergraduate: Economic History 2, Japanese Economic History
Graduate: Japanese Economic History, Introduction to Historical Analysis
Membership of Professional Organizations
Main field of Research and Instruction
Japanese Economic History
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
History of Japanese Textile Industry
- History of Industrial Development and its Decline: Japanese Cotton Textile Companies and their Adjustment Process. Tokyo : Yuhikaku.[in Japanese]
- “Government Industrial Control in Japan during the Wartime Era (1937-1945): The Case of the Textile Industry” (in Japanese), TOCHISEIDOSHIGAKU (The Journal of Agrarian History),XXXVIII-2 (No.150),January 1996.
- The Business Management of the Cotton Spinning Industry under the Wartime Control Economy (1937-1945)–The Case of Toyobo [in Japanese] The Journal of economics(The University of Tokyo) 63(4), pp.61-90 1997.
- “Restructuring in textile manufacturing companies”, Japanese Research in Business History, No.22, March 2006.