- Academic Degrees:
- Ph.D. in Economics (Kyoto University)
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] East Asian Economy Workshop
- [Graduate] International Development Assistance Policy, Field Research in East Asia
- Fields of Research:
- Development Economics, Area Study
- Poverty alleviation, Rural development and agriculture,Migration and migrants
- ZHAI Yalei (submitted) “The Impact of Violent Conflicts on Borrowing and Lending Behavior of Rural Households: Evidence from Northern Myanmar”.
- ZHAI Yalei and Hisaki KONO (submitted) “The Poor Receive Less: Remittance Behavior of Female Migrants in Myanmar”.
- ZHAI Yalei and Koichi FUJITA（2016）Impact of Poppy Eradication and Introduction of Sugarcane Contract Farming in a Village under Highly Inequitable Land Distribution in Kokang, Shan State, Myanmar”, (published in Japanese and English version available), Ajia Keizai, Vol. 57, No.1, pp.2-33.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- The Agricultural Economics Society of Japan
- The Japan Society of International development
- The Japan Association for Asian Studies