Research Students (kenkyusei)
Those admitted as research students (kenkyusei) obtain the opportunity for a non-degree study at the Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University. The duration of the research student status is up to one year (in certain cases, it can be extended for maximum one more year). Teaching and supervision are conducted in Japanese.
There are two categories of research students (kenkyusei): self-supporting and government-sponsored research students (recipients of the Monbukagakusho scholarship belong to the latter category).
If you wish the application package (in Japanese) to be sent to you, please write a letter to the following address and enclose the amount of International Reply Coupons required to send a 55 grams package by air mail and a self-addressed envelope (size 120 x 235 mm, containing your name and full address).
The amount of International Reply Coupons (IRCs)
- Asia, Overseas Territories of USA, Palau, and others …… 3 (three) IRCs
- Oceania, Middle East, North America, Central America, and West Indies, Europe …… 4 (four) IRCs
- South America and Africa …… 4 (four) IRCs
- Asia …… 7 (seven) IRCs
- Oceania, Middle East, North America, Central America …… 10 (ten) IRCs
- Europe …… 12 (twelve) IRCs
- South America and Africa …… 14 (fourteen) IRCs
Express Mail Service (EMS)
AdressStudent Affairs Office (Kyoumu Kakari)
Faculty of Economics, Kyoto University
Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
(NOTE) If you graduated from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan university, you have to complete AAO procedures before application. Professors can not answer your e-mail unless applicants complete AAO pre-screening beforehand.
Kyoto University AAO (Admissions Assistance Office) (<--Click)