- Academic Degrees:
- Doctor of Economics (Kyoto University)
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Business History of Modern Japan, Japanese Economy
- [Graduate] Japanese Economic & Business History, Economic & Business History, Field Research in Japan, etc.
- Fields of Research:
- Business History, Industrial Studies
- Sogo Shosha, Resource Network, Inter-Firm Relationship
- A. Tanaka, Postwar Japan’s Mineral Industry: A Comparative History of Its Procurement System and Sogo Shosha, The University of Nagoya Press, 2012. (in Japanese)
- Y. Wang and A. Tanaka, “From Hierarchy to Hybrid: The Evolving Nature of Inter-Firm Governance in China’s Automobile Groups,” Journal of Business Research, Vol.64, No.1, 2011, 74-80.
- A Tanaka, “Why Were Sogo Shosha Needed?: Japan’s Develop-and-Import Scheme of Iron Ore in the 1960s,” Oikonomika, Vol.44, No.3&4, 171-194, 2008.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Business History Society of Japan (BHSJ)
- Japan Society for Distributive Sciences (JSDS)
- Japan Academy of International Business Studies (JAIBS)
- The Society for Industrial Studies, Japan