- Academic Degrees:
- Ph.D. Economics, University College London
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Labor Economics, Readings in Humanities and Social Sciences
- [Graduate] Labor Economics
- Fields of Research:
- Applied Microeconometrics, Labor Economics
- Household Behavior, Economic Inequality
- Household sharing and commitment: evidence from panel data on individual expenditures and time use (with J. Lise), Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- Tracing the impact of large minimum wage changes on household welfare in Indonesia, European Economic Review, 2016.
- The changing and unchanged nature of inequality and seniority in Japan (with D. Kawaguchi), Journal of Economic Inequality, 2015.
- Wage, income and consumption inequality in Japan, 1991–2008: from boom to lost decades (with J. Lise, N. Sudo, M. Suzuki, and T. Yamada), Review of Economic Dynamics, 2014.
- Minimum wage in a deflationary economy: the Japanese experience, 1994–2003 (with R. Kambayashi and D. Kawaguchi), Labour Economics, 2013.
- Labor supply responses to the 1990s Japanese tax reforms, Labour Economics, 2011.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
- Japanese Economic Association