- Academic Degrees:
- Ph.D. in Economics (Kyoto University)
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Welfare economics, Contemporary Economic Affairs
- [Graduate] Public policy, Economic policy
- Fields of Research:
- Welfare Economics, Environmental Economics,
- Cost-benefit Analysis, Environmental Risk, Pollution with Radioactive Substances, Classical Theory of Value
- Oka, T., ‘The relation between value and demand in the New Theory of International Values’, A New Construction of Ricardian Theory of International Values, eds. By Shiozawa, Y., Oka, T., and Tabuchi, T., Springer (2017), chapter 3, pp. 99-121, DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-0191-8_3.
- Oka, T., ‘The new theory of international values in the context of the Ricardo-Sraffian theory of value and distribution’, A New Construction of Ricardian Theory of International Values, eds. By Shiozawa, Y., Oka, T., and Tabuchi, T., Springer (2017), chapter 2, pp. 77-98, DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-0191-8_2.
- Oka, T., ‘Cost-benefit analysis of the regulation of food contamination with radioactive caesium within a year after the Fukushima accident: the cases of vegetables and rice’, Japanese Journal of Risk Analysis, 24 (2014), pp. 101-110 (in Japanese)
- Oka, T., Environmental Economics, Iwanami-shoten (2006) (in Japanese).
- Oka, T., Ishikawa, M. Fujii, Y. and Huppes, G. ‘Calculating cost-effectiveness for activities with multiple environmental effects using the Maximum Abatement Cost method’, Journal of Industrial Ecology, 9 (2005), pp.97-103.
- Oka, T. ‘The Maximum Abatement Cost method for assessing environmental cost-effectiveness’, Journal of Industrial Ecology, 9 (2005), pp.22-23.
- Oka, T. Matsuda, H. and Kadono, Y. ‘Ecological risk-benefit analysis of a wetland development based on risk assessment using “Expected Loss of Biodiversity”’, Risk Analysis 21 (2001) 1011-1023.
- Oka, T., Gamo, M. and Nakanishi, J. ‘Risk/benefit analysis of the prohibition of chlordane in Japan: an estimate based on risk assessment integrating the cancer risk and the noncancer risk,’ Japanese Journal of Risk Analysis, 8 (1997), pp.174-186.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- The Society for Risk Analysis
- Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies
- Japan Society for Evolutionary Economics
- Japanese Economic Association