- Academic Degrees:
- University of Tokyo (Ph.D. in Economics)
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Development Economics
- [Graduate] Development Economics I & II
- Fields of Research:
- Development Economics
- Poverty Reduction, Microfinance, Education, Market Transaction, Trade
- “Microfinance Revolution: Its Effects, Innovations, and Challenges” (with K. Takahashi)
Developing Economies, March 2010, 48(1), 15 – 73.
- “Why Is the Take-up of Microinsurance So Low? Evidence from a Health Insurance Scheme in India” (with S. Ito)
Developing Economies, March 2010, 48(1), 74-101.
- “Foreign Aid and Recurrent Cost: Donor Competition, Aid Proliferation and Budget Support” (with Y. Arimoto)
Review of Development Economics, vol.13(2), pages 276-287.
- “Heterogeneous Contests and Less Informative Signals” (with N. Yagi)
Japanese Economic Review, March 2008, 59(1), 113-126.
- “Employment with connection: Negative Network Effects”
Journal of Development Economics, October 2006, 81(1), pp.244-258.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
- Japan Economic Association