DEPARTMENT FACULTYJAPANESE PAGE
- Academic Degrees:
- Ph.D. Economics (University of Pennsylvania)
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Intermediate Macroeconomics (or Macroeconomics 2)
- [Graduate] Financial Applied Macroeconomic Analysis
- Fields of Research:
- Macroeconomics, Public Finance
- Tax Policy, Social Insurance, Economic Inequality
- “The Joint Labor Supply Decision of Married Couples and the U.S. Social Security Pension System,” Review of Economic Dynamics, forthcoming, 2018.
- “Fiscal Policy Effects in a Heterogeneous-Agent OLG Economy with an Aging Population,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 61, pp. 114-132, December 2015.
- ““Financing Old Age Dependency,” (with Kent Smetters) Annual Review of Economics, Vol. 6, pp. 53-76, 2014.
- “The Budgetary and Welfare Effects of Tax-Deferred Retirement Saving Accounts,” Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 95, Nos. 11-12, pp. 1561-1578, December 2011.
- “Does Social Security Privatization Produce Efficiency Gains?” (with Kent Smetters) Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 122, No. 4, pp. 1677-1719, November 2007.
- “Consumption Taxes and Economic Efficiency with Idiosyncratic Wage Shocks,” (with Kent Smetters) Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 113, No. 5, pp. 1088-1115, October 2005.
- “Bequests, Inter Vivos Transfers, and Wealth Distribution,” Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 892-931, October 2002.
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Economic Association
- Econometric Society
Contact InformationOffice: Law and Economics East 812
E-mail: nishiyama*econ.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace * with @)