Tsilavo RalandisonActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- PhD in Agricultural Science, United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences Kagoshima University
- Undergraduate: East Asian Economies Workshop
Graduate: Introduction to Field Research Methods
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Agricultural Economics Society of Japan
- Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics Society of Japan
Main field of Research and Instruction
International agro-food markets, Cooperative studies, Sustainable rural development
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
Impacts of large-scale land based agricultural investments on East-African rural communities
Conditions and impacts of rice farmers’ technology adoption in Madagascar
- Ralandison, T., Y. Arimoto, H. Kono, T. Sakurai and K. Takahashi (2015) Rice flows across regions in Madagascar, IDE Discussion Paper No. 503, Institute of Developing Economies (IDE), JETRO, Chiba, Japan.
- Ralandison, T., Y. Arimoto, M. Tanaka, T. Sakurai (2014) “Mode of matching buyers and sellers as a determinant of efficiency in the Madagascar rice markets”, Journal of Rural Economics (published by the Agricultural Economics Society of Japan), Vol.16, pp. 97-104.
- Ralandison, T. (2010) Necessary conditions for a fair rice marketing system in Madagascar (PhD Thesis; Mar. 2010).