- Academic Degrees:
- Ph.D. in Economics, Kyoto University
- Courses in charge:
- [Undergraduate] Management Accounting,Advanced Management Accounting,Practical Book-keeping, English for Economics
- [Graduate] Management Accounting,Business Analysis, Accounting Workshop I, Accounting Workshop II, Advanced Management Accounting
- Fields of Research:
- Management Accounting, Management Control, Evolutionary Economics
- Accounting Reform and Risk Society, Iwanami Shoten,Feb.2005.
- “Co-evolution of Accounting Rules and Creative Accounting Instruments: The Case of a Rules-based Approach to Accounting Standard Setting,” Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review, Vol.1, No.2, pp.177-195.
- “Accounting for the Public Interest: a Japanese Perspective,” Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 631-647.
- “From ‘Loyalty’ to ‘Exit’ by Disclosure: a Pedagogical Role of Disclosure Requirements in Japanese Financial Reforms,” Research Project Group for Policy Evaluation in Kyushu University (eds) New Perspectives on Policy Planning and Analysis 2002, Fukuoka: Kyushu University Press, 2003.
- “The Role of Accounting in Bank Regulation on the Eve of Japan’s Financial Crisis: A Failure of the New Capital Adequacy Regulation,” Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Vol.13, No.3, 2002, pp.397-430.
Back to list
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Japanese Association for Accounting Studies
- Japan Cost Accouting Association
- Japan Association for Evolutionary Economics
- European Accounting Association
- American Accounting Association, Management Accounting Section International Committee member 2006-2007
- Japanese Association of International Economics
- Society for the Economic Studies of Securities