Naoki WakabayashiActivity Database on
Education and Research
- Degree (Awarding Institution)
- Ph.D. in Economics, Kyoto University.
- Business Organizations, Human Resource Management(undergraduate)
Business Organizations, Human Resource Management(graduate)
Membership of Professional Organizations
- Japan Sociological Society
- Japanese Association for Economic Sociology
- Japanese Academic Association for Organizational Science
- European Group for Organizational Studies
- American Sociological Association
Main field of Research and Instruction
Sociological analysis of dynamics of interorganizational communication networks and trust.
Changes in interorganizational trust in post-keiretsu networks.
Sociology of intraorganizational networks and trust after post-meger integration.
Sociology of regional industrial network.
Topic(s) of Research in Progress
- (with J. Gill) “Perspective Differences in Inter-organizational Collaboration and Dynamics of Trust”, University of Bradford Management Centre Working Paper Series, No. 9821, 1998
- “Management of Embeddedness and Trust: Comparison of Quality Control Managers: Networks for Inter-organizational Quality Improvement Between Japanese and British Automotive Component Companies”, Annual Review of The Tohoku Sociological Association. 30 (2000): 219-235.