Admission, EMJMD Scholarship Selection and Tuition Fees
How to apply: Apply and submit all necessary supporting documentation via the GLOCAL program’s online application system. (The International Joint Master Degree Program involving Kyoto University is “Study Track D”).
Required Documents: English Score – IELTS (or TOEFL iBT), Letter of Recommendation x 2,
Copy of Diploma and/or Academic Transcript. etc. (Make sure to follow the instructions on the GLOCAL Program website)
Minimum Entry Requirements: GPA 3.0, English – IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT90 minimum (2023 entry)
For more details please refer to the URL below
Application Period: October – Early January (Application deadline for 2024 Admission: Jan. 12th 2024)
Please see the latest information at the GLOCAL website: https://globallocal-erasmusmundus.eu/
Application Fee: N/A
Announcement of Screening result: Early April
Admission Information Session: Click here to see the latest information
Admission Fee: N/A
Tuition Fee : Please see the latest information at the GLOCAL website below:
1. GLOCAL Students take out EMPA (Erasmus Mundus Protect & Assist) insurance which is covered by GLOCAL.
You can see the benefit list on the URL below:
2021-23 and 2022-24 cohort: Please check the details.
2. In addition to the insurance above, students must take out the following insurance during their stay in each country
- UK: National Health Service (NHS):This costs £1248 for 2 years (as of 2021). This shall be paid as part of Student visa application.
- Spain: There is no need to take out national health insurance in Spain.
- Japan: Japanese National Health Insurance (NHI):
- This costs approximately 1500 yen per month.
For the University Co-op’s Insurance for students, please refer to the URL below
Accommodation and Living Costs
- GLOCAL Students do not spend a full academic year in Glasgow and are thus ineligible to apply for the University of Glasgow’s student accommodation. Nevertheless, there are a number of private options and the University of Glasgow provides support in introducing students to various student accommodation providers near the university. Average rents for students in Glasgow are approx. £140/week (approx. ¥90.000-¥100.000/month). In Barcelona, students can apply for a place at the University of Barcelona’s halls of residence directly, or find rooms/flats with the support of the Barcelona University Centre. Average rents for students in Barcelona are approx. €400-€700/month (approx. ¥60.000-¥70.000/month). Kyoto University also has accommodations which are open to applications from GLOCAL students. However, as there are a limited number of places it is not guaranteed that all applicants will be able to access these facilities. In such cases, Kyoto University offers advice and support to international students in securing private accommodation. Average rents for students in Kyoto are approx. ¥40.000-¥50.000/month.
- Average living costs including the rents above for students in Glasgow are approx. ¥150.000-¥170.000 per month, for students in Barcelona are approx. ¥150.000-¥170.000 per month, and for students in Japan are approx. ¥120.000-¥130.000 per month.
Please check details on the website below.
For your information, Student Route Visa (valid for the full duration of the program) for the UK in 2021costs £348.