Application Procedures for Master’s Programme
Last Update: September 10, 2021
Number of Applicants to be Admitted
- Approximately 10 international students are admitted to the programme each year.
Eligibility for Application
- Applicants must satisfy one of the following qualifications.
(1) The applicant has graduated from university at the time of his or her application, or is expected to graduate from university before his or her enrolment to the programme.
(2) The applicant is recognized by the Graduate School of Economics to possess an academic ability that is equivalent or superior to those who meet the first qualification, and is at least 22 years old at the time of his or her enrolment to the programme.
Application Forms & Guidelines
Please carefully check the guidelines and FAQ before applying.
NOTICE: Applicants who have graduated or expect to graduate from non-Japanese universities are required to go through the screening process by the Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) as a Pre-Application procedure. Please check the details on Kyoto University’s website and also refer to the Application Guidelines above. *The AAO screening process commonly takes a few weeks before we receive the feedback from AAO. Please begin the AAO procedure at least two weeks before the deadline for the application submission via e-mail.
Scholarship Opportunities for Our Programme
- MEXT Sholarship
For the 2022 academic year enrolment, top 4 students selected through the procedure
will be recommended to the Japanese Government (MEXT) as scholarship student candidates.
- The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
One student selected through the procedure is eligible to receive a scholarship from the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program. There are additional requirements to be eligible for the scholarship other than those for applying to our Master’s Programme.
For detailed information for ADB Scholarship, please see this website (The ADB webpage for Scholarship Program).
- The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP)
AFLSP support up to 100 scholarships each year to high-caliber students from Asia to study away from their home country or region at leading East Asian universities. (including Kyoto University). please see this website (The AFLSP webpage)
*All other successful applicants need to be privately funded or apply for scholarships by themselves.
Overall Schedule for Application and Selection
|by the end of September||Application Announcement|
|November||Submission of Application Documents on the Online Applciation|
|Mid-January||Announcement of Initial Screening|
|Mid-January to End of January||Notification of Schedule of Interview and Zoom Test
(Only successful applicants will be notified the schedule.)
|Submission of Hard Copy of Application Documents via Postal Mail|
|End of January to Early February||Interview via VoIP (e.g. Zoom)|
|Mid-February||Announcement of Final Screening Results|
|October||Entrance to Programme|