Kazuhiro Yuki Japanese Page
Associate Professor of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Kyoto University, Japan
Fields of Interests: Economic Growth and Development, Labor Economics
Mailing Address: Faculty of Economics, Kyoto University, Yoshida-hommachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan
Education: Ph.D in Economics, University of Rochester, 2002
Refereed Journal Publications:
· Equity and Efficiency Effects of Redistributive Policies (with Ananth Seshadri), Journal of Monetary Economics 51 (7), 1415-1447, 2004.
· Savings, Intergenerational Transfers, and the Distribution of Wealth (with Ignacio Ponce-Ocampo), Macroeconomic Dynamics 10 (3), 371-414, 2006.
· Urbanization, Informal Sector, and Development, Journal of Development Economics 84 (1), 76-103, 2007.
· Determinants of Sectoral Composition in a Small Open Economy: Theoretical and Quantitative Investigations of the Philippines, The Developing Economies 47 (4), 391-436, 2007.
· Sectoral Shift, Wealth Distribution, and Development, Macroeconomic Dynamics 12 (4), 527-559, 2008.
· Roles of the Extent of the Market and Skill Specialization in Development
· Government and Human Capital in a Model of Development through Modernization and Specialization
· Education, Signaling, and Wage Inequality in a Dynamic Economy
· Stereotypes, Segregation, and Ethnic Inequality
· Education, Inequality, and Development in a Dual Economy, Appendix C, Appendix D
· Mechanization, Task Assignment, and Inequality, Proofs of Propositions 4-7
Economic Research Network (ERN)
Resources for Economists:
Resources for Economists on the Internet
WebEc: List of Economic Journals
Economic Growth Resources
Quantitative Macroeconomics and Real Business Cycle Homepage
Economic History Services
Statistical Resources on the Web (University of Michigan)
U.S. Government Statistics (PublicAdministration.net)
Penn World Table
Barro-Lee Data Set on International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality
Foreign Labor Statistics, BLS
ILO Labor Statistics
Occupational Wages around the World (OPP) Database
FRED (FRB St. Louis)
NBER Macrohistory Database
IMF Country Reports
IMF World Economic Reports
RFE: Economics Teaching Resources
Essential Principles of Economics: A Hypermedia Text
Jokes about Economists and Economics