Application Procedures for Master’s Programme
Last Update: September 14, 2018
Number of Applicants to be Admitted
- Approximately 12 international students are admitted to the programme each year.
Eligibility for Application
- Applicants must satisfy one of the following qualifications.
(1) The applicant has graduated from university at the time of his or her application, or is expected to graduate from university before his or her enrolment to the programme.
(2) The applicant is recognized by the Graduate School of Economics to possess an academic ability that is equivalent or superior to those who meet the first qualification, and is at least 22 years old at the time of his or her enrolment to the programme.
Application Forms & Guidelines
Please carefully check the guidelines and FAQ before applying.
*For 2019 application, there are two major points you need to be careful.
(1) Submission deadline is November 20, 2018. It is earlier than previous years.
(2) Application documents must be sent at once in a single ZIP folder. Kyoto University e-mail system is undergoing a renewal process and all the e-mails with more than 20 MB attachements will be refused.
NOTICE: Applicants who are enrolled or were enrolled at universities in China, Hong Kong or Taiwan are required to go through the screening process by the Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) as a Pre-Application procedure. Please see the following web page for more details. *The AAO screening process commonly takes a few weeks before we receive feedback from AAO. Please begin the AAO procedure at least two weeks before the deadline for the application submission via e-mail.
Scholarship Opportunities for Our Programme
- MEXT Sholarship
For the 2017 academic year enrolment, top 4 students selected through the procedure
were recommended to the Japanese Government (MEXT) as scholarship student candidates. However, this Scholarship was not available on this Programme for enrolment in 2018. The availability of the scholarship for 2019 enrolment will be confirmed in late November.
- The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
One student selected through the procedure is eligible to receive a scholarship from the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program. There are additional requirements to be eligible for the scholarship other than those for applying to our Master’s Programme.
For detailed information for ADB Scholarship, please see this website (The ADB webpage for Scholarship Program).
*All other successful applicants need to be privately funded or apply for scholarships by themselves.
Overall Schedule for Application and Selection
|by the end of September||Application Announcement|
|November||Submission of Application Documents via Email|
|Mid-January||Announcement of Initial Screening|
|Mid-January to End of January||Notification of Schedule of Interview and Skype Test
(Only successful applicants will be notified the schedule.)
|Submission of Hard Copy of Application Documents via Postal Mail|
|End of January to Early February||Interview via VoIP (e.g. Skype)|
|Mid-February||Announcement of Final Screening Results|
|October||Entrance to Programme|